Your Guide To Choosing A Plumber:
Getting What You Pay For
Why should you insist on hiring only a union plumbing contractor? Union plumbers have completed a rigorous and competitive training program to become licensed professionals. The plumbing apprenticeship and training is comparable to a four-year college degree, ensuring only the best obtain certification. What’s more, the work of union plumbers is backed by our 5-year residential warranty—the longest warranty of its kind. To find the best plumber for your project, just follow these simple steps:
- Only choose a contractor who employs a licensed Master Plumber as required by Illinois Law. All Local 101 Plumbing Contractors are Master Plumbers or employ them.
- Create a short list of three union plumbing contractors in your area who specialize in the type of work you need done: repair, remodeling or new construction.
- Ask for and check each contractor’s references.
- Request estimates from each contractor for time and material costs.
- After selecting a plumbing contractor, make sure a written contract for the project is drawn up. This contract should include language indicating the procedures to be followed in the event changes in the original contract are needed.
- Discuss the details of your project with the plumbing contractor to ensure ideal coordination with other trades involved.
- This could affect both scheduling and material procurement.